Friday, April 3, 2009

What am I up to now

A couple days ago, I went to Pine Needles in Gardner Village to drop some of my patterns off and desided to look around the store. Since the boys were in school it was so hard not to; and I found this:



I knew about jelly rolls and charm packs but this is new! It was in a brown paper bag and looked like some goodies were inside. Inside the bag there were 40 color coordinated strips of fabric from Moda and it was only $9.99 +tax. I was so excited that I couldn't resist picking one up for myself. There were a few packages each with a different selection and I picked this one up.



On the way home I kept thinking about how I am going to use this unexpected treasure. I have several differnt ideas, but also I have many projects waiting at home. How should I prioritize... Oh, forget about it; this is so exciting! I will let you all know what I end up doing with it in a future post. Hopefully soon.



Lately I have been in a bag-making mood. I created several in the last few days, and this is one of my favorites.



I used oil cloth by Michael Miller, and this one is slightly smaller then what I usually make but it will be perfect for holding a wallet, cell phone, etc. It will be available on my etsy store soon. Please check it out!

Well, I am off to do mommmy duty. I am going to get the kids in bed. Have a nice weekend everybody!

3 comments :

  1. I think you found your new favorite treat...a SCRAP BAG! Can't wait to see what you come up with. I love the purse and especially the apron you made for your mom. What a sweet post about her! Talk to you soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! I am just telling you! I want to be good at sewing. Maybe someday. Until then, I am just practicing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sachiko,
    I would like to pass the “lemonade award” down to your creative blog!
    Happy easter,
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin