Saturday, April 11, 2009

What's cooking?

Last night my brother-in-law came to visit and spent the night; kind of like a boys night out. When they get to have a boys night, I cook something whatever they request. Last night was pizza night.



I also made one of my favorite cakes. It's super easy to make but taste good. Lot of the people have asked for the recipe... For this cake I use Betty Crocker's Butter Pecan cake mix.



Follow the instructions and make the batter.

Add 2 to 3 smashed bananas to the batter, and mix with a spatula. If you have shaved chocolate, add that too.

Bake the cake at the temperature on the box. Since bananas have been added, the baking time might be different. You need to know your oven and use a toothpick to know if the cake is done or not.

Once the cake as cooled slice the cake into two layers. Whip some heavy cream. (No Cool Whip; it makes a big differece to the taste of the cake)

Decorate the cake. I like shredded chocolate and sometimes rosted pecan on top. Refridgurate for at least a couple of hours. The cake will absorb the moisture from the cream.

Slice and enjoy!

People who have had this cake thought that I made it from scrach. Now the secret is revealed. It is nice to have some recipes that are so easy to make but taste good. We are all so busy that we need all the help and short cuts that we can get!!

While the boys were rocking on rock band, I went out for a dessert with my friends for a couple hours. Before I went out I had a small slice of the cake (who's sitting there and making oinking sounds?).



And what did I have for the breakfast? Another slice of cake. Well, it has flour, and eggs which is not much different than pancakes right?

3 comments :

  1. that pizza looks really good, i've been wanting to make my own. and that cake looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try the cake, but now I need the pizza recipe. That looks SO good! Can I come over for a girls night? BOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Cooking is a blast!!! I love to cook and I am working on it! Hopefully I will be a great chef someday!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin