Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Gifts

On Sunday morning, I was still in bed snoozing, my husband woke me up and said, "Hey, do you want to see what I got from Michael?" It is still pretty early in the morning, I guess Michael couldn't wait to give his gift to his daddy.

"Sure." I got up. There were three presents. I thought it was so cute and generous of him to give those up. Because I knew, how much they meant to him. I will share them with you all.

First, a gift card fot wal-mart. He receved it for Christmas from his Grandma and already spent it, but the card still had 26 cents left. To Michael, using the card and shopping made him feel like such a grown up. I knew he was looking forward to using it again.



Another gift was a small sea shell. We took a vacation last summer to San Diego. We went to Sea World, Lego Land and the beach. That was thier first time at the beach, we had a blast. The sea shell was something he collected and it held special memories.



The last one was a "Star Wars Catalog". When he recieved a Star Wars toy, for some occacion a while ago, it came with a small catalog. He obviously kept the catalog for future reference. I know it was one of his important things.



My husband was happy and we smiled at each other. How cute and such a nice gesture to show how much he loves his daddy. He gave three present to his daddy. What he doesn't realize is, he gave much more then he thinks, a very sweet and special memory that my husband and I will talk about for years to come.

1 comment :

  1. That is the most beautiful story. It brought tears to my eyes thinking of how generous your son was to give those treasures to his father.
    Truly exceptional.
    Thank you for sharing.
    xoxoxo
    Carly

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin