Saturday, September 19, 2009

Getting Ready


Do you remember the felt food I made and posted several posts ago?

I have been given the opportunity to teach a class at a church function tomorrow. I am only doing the cookies and I put the stuff together to make kits for whoever signed up for the class. I have been busy and didn't plan it very well, I cut felt even in the car while I was waiting for the kids to get out of school. Ahhh! (That's what happens when you wait untill the last minute... I know...)

I am pleased to announce that I just finished packing the last kit. I can sleep better.

People tell me all the time I don't look like I am stressed out when I am. I get very nervous and stressed when I don't meet a deadline, especially, when I am doing something for other people.


Also, I am getting ready to ship some items from Tea Rose Company to my friend in Japan. I mentioned this before, but she is doing the exhibit for her and her students' stained glass art. Since the place she rented is very spacious, she asked me to join in to showcase and sell some of my stuff.

We started talking about this before summer and I thought that I would have planty of time...WHERE DID THE TIME GO!! I am not ready! The exhibit starts at the beginning of October, it will take about a week for the package to get there. I realized I only have a week or so to ship them.

This morning I took the picture to e-mail to her for the poster. I am starting to get totally nervous! I guess I will get extra busy over the next few days sewing and putting things together like mad.


I will post how the exhibit went when I hear back from my friend in a few weeks.

Well everyone, have a nice week end!

6 comments :

  1. I would love to be in your class!! Sounds like so much fun and your work is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness' your revamped cupboard and your felt work is "drop dead gorgeous"...congratultions and best wishes for a fun time with the lessons.
    Many Blessings
    From Judith
    http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those felt foods are adorable! Almost too good to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning! I do know how you feel when time gets away from you and then you stress your self out. I just want to kick myself when I let that happen. So good to hear you got all the kits done. Looks like the class will be fun. All the goodies on the plate looked yummy.
    Good luck with your showing in your friends exhibit. Everythings looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled on your blog. The felt foods are so adorable. May I ask where you got the patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for answering my questions on the pattern for the felt foods. Publishing those patterns sounds like a grand idea! I would love to have them!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin