Monday, September 28, 2009

It is my duty and responsibility...


It is my duty and responsibility to do something with these tomatoes!!! I was avoiding it, but I didn't want them to go bad, so I decided to make a meat sauce. I started it last night and today it was simmering while I was cleaning, organizing part of the house, mending, and hemming eight articles of clothing. The whole house was filled with the aroma of meat sauce and I felt like I was doing the things that good house wives are surpposed to do...


So, needless to say, our dinner tonight was this:


It was very good. I guess knowing that those tomatoes came from our garden made it taste better.

I had planty of left overs in the pot, I am going to freeze them and make lazagna sometime in the near future.

It is a blessing to have so many tomatoes, but when I looked outside, I saw at least 10 more tomatoes ready to be picked... What should I do next?!

6 comments :

  1. ooh, your meatsauce looks yummy. We are going to pull our sauce out of the freezer and make some chicken cacciatore with it. If you are interested, you can find the recipe on my blog. Just click on recipes.
    Hmm, I don't have any ideas for your other ten tomatoes that are ready to be picked except that I love Caprese salad. sliced tomatoes with fresh mozzarella balls or slices and a little basil with some balsamic vinegar. I am getting hungry just typing it.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish! I just found your blog and you ROCK!

    I have a ? abt your Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Tomatoes post - where do you get your Kyupi? I am dying to try that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments and suggestions! I will keep them in mind and try to use up the tomatoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen- I get my kyupi, which is Japaense mayo, at a Japanese specialty market.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin